Library Park was the name given to the grounds to the north and south of Pratt Institute's Free Library, which opened in 1896. The Library Park took up most of the block between Ryerson and Hall Streets, and DeKalb and Willoughby Avenues, though row houses and other residences remained at the ends of the block along DeKalb and Willoughby Avenues. By 1915, only the rows houses at Willoughby still stood and the park was given an iron fence with brick and granite posts along Ryerson Street. Early photographs show a low, metal fence along Ryerson and a taller fence along Hall. The fencing along Ryerson was upgraded in 1924 and 1925, when ornate gates were installed to enter the Library Park. These upgraded gates were eventually removed in 1960, signaling the end of the Library Park.
Pratt Institute (Brooklyn, New York, New York, United States)